Developed by The Law Society of Upper Canada, Your Law: Family Law in Ontario is a website that provides free legal information about child custody and access for parents facing a relationship breakdown. The site is populated with links to resources from several legal organizations across Ontario, including: Community Legal Education Ontario, The Department of Justice, Legal Aid Ontario and The Ministry of the Attorney General.
Features of the site:
- Information on the site is framed by a self-guided interactive navigation tool that will provide a starting point for visitors facing a family law dispute
- Hyperlinks to important websites and resources
- Definitions of common legal terms
- Find a Courthouse feature to help you find the courthouse where you will file your legal documents
- Resources to assist if you need to go to the courthouse, including a checklist and a sample courtroom.